QA

질문하기

질문
영어 장문 해석 부탁드립니다!

I recently received an e-mail from a reader that has anxiety.
They asked me to share some ideas that I had  for getting the demons out of their head.
In order to do that, I’m bringing an old post back to life which I think more than answers their question.
…and of course I had to add a few new things to it as well…

This morning I woke up and stretched. I heard a crack and immediately thought that I broke a bone.
I walked into the kitchen to pour myself some OJ and noticed the expiration date was in a few days. I immediately thought I would spend the day hurling up sour juice. Classy, huh?
After freaking out that I would be late to work and worrying about whether or not my eyes would bother me around 3pm, I put my glasses into my bag and got ready to run.
That's when I wrapped my scarf around my neck and started to get nervous that a spider had crawled into my scarf during the night. I shook that bad boy out like a pro and went on my way.

I guess it's safe to say that I am a very anxious person.
What I should be anxious about is having a heart attack from stressing over nothing all the time!
The good news is, I'm not always this way.
Most of the time I can take the pressure of anything and then some.
I actually prefer to be under pressure because then it lights a fire under my ass.
The bad news is, when I get anxious, I get really anxious!
When I start stressing, I realize it right away and try to relax.

I know that we all stress out, get anxious, or freak out over different things.
Here's some tips on how to r e l a x...

1. Breathe.
There's supposed to be a special technique for this, but I just try to breathe deep.
Don't do that labor breathing exercise. It doesn't work for stress. Just saying...

2. Clean.
For the love of God, put the bleach down!!!
I find that if I clean or organize something around me, the anxiety starts to subside.
It could be the change in my focus or it could be the order around me making me feel less cluttered.

3. Bye Bye Google.
I'm famous for googling meaningless nonsense and then diagnosing myself with some rare, fatal disease.
Stay off of Google!
Unless you're looking up Aaron Hernandez pictures. Then go right ahead. That should be #4...

4. Chit Chat
If I feel myself getting anxious over something silly, I'll call a friend or family member and yap about nothing until I calm down. Poor Peaches and Madre...hahaha

5. Read
Pick up a Glamour and glow while looking at all the pretty clothes, shoes, and make up.
Pick up a book and focus on a fictional life.
Reading is a great way to get your mind off the silly things running through it.

6. Robert Downey Jr. Movies
This one's my favorite...

7. Shopping
Shopping is great therapy for stress! New things can make anyone smile.
Just set a limit for yourself. Don't spend $3,000 on a pair of shoes and say Jax told you to so you can relax. When that bill comes in the mail you'll stress harder than ever!

8. Wine
The alcohol stops the shaking after hearing about a tornado that killed 12 people in 7 different states.
Yes, I even worry about the weather.

9. Green Tea
It may not have the same effect as booze, but it's great for relaxation.
The Japanese I work for swear by it. I call it the miracle tea.

10. Vacation
If time and money allow, go on a vacation.
Leave your worries home and dive into something you really enjoy. Go see a place that you've always wanted to. Make memories that you can laugh about when you're stressing all over again.

11.  Project
Dive into a project that you have been putting off.
Maybe you can organize those pictures that are all thrown around or go through your old clothes for donations.
Hello effective and productive way of distracting your mind!

12.  Music
Being stressed is a green light to take off your clothes and sing as loud as you can into a piece of fruit.
Yes, it’s even a green light for men to blast Britney Spears and get their groove on!!! 

What are your relaxation techniques?

으하하하하하 | 2012.07.07 12:46 | 신고
  • 답변 0
  • 조회 0
연관 검색어

0개의 답변

등록된 답변이 없습니다.

이 질문의 첫번째 해결사가 되어주세요.

추천토픽&메뉴 바로가기

메뉴 바로가기